Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I'm baby steppin', I'm doing the work, I'm not a slacker.

Ok, I am kind of a slacker but this week I've done really good.  I haven't touched candy or soda and I've worked out the last three days.  I made it through 1 concert, 1 Young Couples (read food fest), 1 girls night (read food fest mania), and the baking of massive amounts of cake and the making of icing (I've licked a lot of spatulas this week).  I think I may be starting to see why there aren't any baker/supermodels.  The careers don't really jive, I'll be the first one of my kind.
Well, all that to say, I've lost a 1/2 lb.  I would have liked it to be a little more than that but it does put me under 150 on my scale.  149.5 to be more precise.  That obnoxious woman (wii board with a high voice) on the wii is telling me I still weigh 151 but I hate her and generally don't listen to her.  Every time I step on she makes this shocked little noise as if she's surprised by how much I weigh.  Newsflash wii witch:  I'm doing this because I weigh too much.  Stop being surprised that I weigh more than I should.  Just shut up and give me the numbers.  (I think I may have some pent up rage against her.  It's a toxic friendship but one I just can't let go of.)
This coming week I'll be concentrating on eating balanced breakfasts every morning.

9 comments:

  1. yay! You're doing great Shan! Don't listen to the Wii witch! She doesn't know what she's talking about! She's just a video game, your scale is legit. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Late for work everyday this week because I am so committed to eating my good breakfast!! Finishing up my Dannon Light & Fit yogurt and cheerios right now....
    Oh, and I'm thinking I need to lose 5 more pounds before I buy the Wii Fit program....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know what delicious breakfasts you come up with. I hate trying to eat a good breakfast because usually I want sugary cereal or a bagel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the half pound! I only lost a quarter of a pound, so keep up the good work! One of my fave breakfasts is: light english muffin toasted, nice oozy egg on top with a little bit of ketchup! Yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha, wii witch.

    I've been rockin the english muffin with cottage cheese and honey every morning. Or cereal. Cereal is healthy right? I sure hope cottage cheese is because I'm abnormally obsessed with it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This morning I had the most delish ZERO point breakfast that I must share, two egg whites scrambled, chopped tomato & 1 tbsp. ketchup. So Yum, this leaves room to have other things like a grapefruit or cereal etc....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breakfasts that I've been eating:
    -Kashi cereal with a banana
    -plain cheerios with a banana
    -2 scrambled eggs with a piece of wheat toast
    -plain cheerios with a yogurt

    And yes, Joel, cottage cheese is good for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have lost 5 pounds; fat content has gone from obese to just fat. I eat a very good breakfast, any thing form country ham, eags, with bis. & Gravey; Oatmeal with fruit; waffle with fruit; and etc.. Never skimp on breakfast. Light lunch...light dinner. I work out 1 hour at least 3 days a week. Hang in there, you are doing good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found a page on WebMD that lists healthy breakfasts. And it also gives you the option to sign up for a newsletter with healthy recipes. If you're interested, just go to WebMD and search "balance brekfast".

    ReplyDelete