Friday, January 29, 2010

Lying

I lied to my doctor's office.  I know, it's normally not a good idea but when they said, "Everything looks normal with your blood work."  I faked a happy voice and said, "Great!"  When really what I meant was, "Crap!  So I'm really just fat?!?!  You're sure?" 
So now the real work begins.  As of this week I've cut out candy (including marshmallows!) and have devised a plan to gradually cut things out and exercise more.  Thankfully I have not yet cut out ice-cream and let me tell you, I needed me some Chubby Hubby after that diagnosis! 
Shockingly, I only managed to loose one pound.  I figure at this rate I should be down to 125 by my 30th birthday in a little over two years.  I'll be having a pool party, and wearing a bikini.  On the exercise front I am having serious motivational issues. I've been getting in 2- 3 workouts a week. Not horrible but I don't think anyone is going to be calling asking me to be in an exercise video anytime soon. Hopefully I will be getting a call next week about an online weight lose team I am trying to get on. If that works out I'll be training for a spring race and blogging about it. More to come on that later. In the meantime I need spring and my running partner if I'm going to start working out seriously!


4 comments:

  1. Well, I'M glad your blood work looked good. And don't worry, you'll find your workout/diet groove, and then you'll be striding.

    You could always just surround yourself with uglier friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Shan! You're going to be great! You are the most motivated person I know! I'll be praying for you! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, your running partner is here! Any day (even if it is cold, and you think I will say no) just give me a call, and we will run. I miss running (okay, so I more just miss my QT/Therapy time with you and my looser fitting pants...) and can't wait for winter to be OVER!!! Bring on the Spring race! :) ...yes, all that was said in my "chipper" voice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still think photos of my aunts and uncle and brother (me too) will give you all the moviation you need.

    ReplyDelete